Monday, August 8, 2011

remembering margret

My step-grandmother, Margret Dooley passed away about a month ago today. Although I wasn't very close to Margret, I had spent a number of weekends with my family growing up, making the three to four hour drive down to Morro Bay to visit with her. She was a simple woman, it just took a cigarette, a cup of tea, and her cat to make her happy.
My family got the caravan together and we made our first trip down to Morro Bay in about seven years for the services. It was a sad time, but it was great for us all to be together to remember Margret, and to celebrate her life. We had the opportunity to go to her home, and we all gathered something that we could remember her by. There were boxes and boxes of old photos, but I found these tiny brownie prints that I was especially fond of :

Margret and her cousins (she is the one in the middle in the bottom left photo)

Switzerland 1951

striking poses

This one is my favorite, and I was lucky enough to find the negative buried in a box. . .look at those LEGS

I was also lucky enough to find this negative of my step father, Jim playing with his train as a little boy

and one more of Margret .


1 comment:

  1. We knew Margaret when she lived in Dorchester Mass. My mother Kay worked with her in Montreal and they stayed friends. She knew her son Jim as a boy. Then Margaret moved to CA but they still wrote. She was a wonderful, kind Person. Thanks for posting this!
    rlepro@aol.com

    ReplyDelete